Monday, October 6, 2008

A Weekend of Cards...

This weekend I went away to a scrapbooking retreat. It was great - I got to sit all day with a wonderful bunch of ladies and make cards! Everyone was scrabooking and I was one of the lone cardmakers but it was a lot of fun. I'm not the fastest of cardmakers - I made a total of 12 cards. I got a lot of teasing for it but it really takes me a while to finish a card - I'm way too much of a perfectionist :)

So I'm making cards for Christmas for people who like "simple" cards. Minimal ribbon, flowers, brads...when I say simple...it's pretty simple. So this is not my typical style of cards but it was still a lot of fun! I do miss all my Sweet Ebony cards and can't wait to make a few this week!

So I'll show a few cards at a time. These three cards are all florals and I was inspired by harvest colours especially since one of the stamps was a sunflower.

 
Posted by Picasa


I coloured this card with prisma colours and baby oil. You might remember a few weeks back I was annoyed that my prismacolours weren't working for me and that I was giving up on them. Well I brought them along this weekend and tried them with baby oil instead of the odourless mineral spirits. They were great and they blended wonderfully. So I actually ended up making the majority of my cards with them. And the sunflower if from Lizzie Anne Designs - it's from the singles range. I can't claim credit for this card design - I was inspired by Jeanne Streiff at Inky Paws . She makes really beautiful cards. Here's the card that inspired me!

Here's another two cards that I made. The first of these was made with Distress Inks and I layered the centre of the flower so it would pop a little. These stamps are all from Lizzie Anne Designs set called "Le Jardin".

Lizzie Anne Designs

This card was a lot of fun to make. It's coloured with prisma colours and baby oil. I had a hard time making the right sentiment but I really like the way it turned out.

Lizzie Anne Designs

Thanks for stopping by and looking at my cards! I really do appreciate all your wonderful comments! And thanks also for those who follow my blog - I love stopping in and seeing your new creations as well!
Heather

9 comments:

specialcraftmom4 said...

What a pretty set of cards. Sounds like you had a fun weekend!

Lin said...

So cute!! Love all the colors you used!!

Darlene said...

Don't you just LOVE those weekend get togethers ... such fun!!! Your simple cards are wonderful and I'm sure will be well received!! Glad you had a good time!!

Anonymous said...

darling cards

Pop's Cards said...

Baby oil!!! i never thought of that oh they will smell lovely as well, Gorgeous cards love Pops x x x

Camilla said...

Ohh your weekend cards are so gorgeous!:)
Thanks for that sweet comment on my candy!
Good luck;)
Hugs, Camilla.

Rach said...

beautiful cards i would never have thought of using baby oil to blend the pencils...will have to have a go with that..xx

Ann said...

These are all so cute! I really love the colors on the last one. :D

Anonymous said...

very pretty.