Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sweet Ebony Cardholder!

I woke early this morning and was pretty productive! I found a tutorial for making a cardfolder and have been waiting to try it. It was so easy and fun! I've only made cards so far - it was fun to make a non-card item. And how convenient that the challenge at "A Spoon Full of Sugar" is to make anything but a card! I'm planning on making a bunch of these for Christmas presents this year. They're supposed to hold about 6 cards and envelopes - about 4.25 x 5.5 inches. Here's the link for "A Spoon Full of Sugar" http://aspoonfullofsugarchallenge.blogspot.com/

Sweet Ebony, Sugar Nellie, Elisabeth Bell, cardholder, A Spoon Full of Sugar

Here's a couple of views from the side. I've put a couple of cards in there so you can see what it looks like with cards inside.

Sweet Ebony, Sugar Nellie, Elisabeth Bell, cardholder, A Spoon Full of Sugar

Sweet Ebony, Sugar Nellie, Elisabeth Bell, cardholder, A Spoon Full of Sugar

If you're interested in making one of these here's the tutorial This was an excellent tutorial but there is one mistake on it. In step 1 she says to score at 8.5 and 6 inches. I don't think this is right - so I scored at 5 and 6 inches and it worked out perfectly.

**Update November 17, 2008 I just found out that the above link for the tutorial isn't available anymore. For anyone interested in making one of these folders there's a thread at SCS which has both a Word and PDF template. The PDF template is especially helpful - it's post #39. You can find it here
***I've never done a tutorial before but I'll try to put one up this Wednesday after my exam is over!

Sweet Ebony, Sugar Nellie, Elisabeth Bell, cardholder, A Spoon Full of Sugar

Let me know what you think! I've seen lots of different cardholders out there. If you have any great tutorials/pics/ideas of other cardholders I'd love to hear about them!! Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

my spacenhance said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW ... this is an ADORABLE project ... I'll have to check it out closer and give it a try! Your coloring is fantastic! Great job!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is gorgeous! Love your image and TFS photos of the card holder. I think these will make wonderful gifts.
Thanks for your comments and leaving the information on the distress inks!

Debbie said...

This is a gorgeous image folder, Thanks for playing along this week, Hugs Debbie x

Scrapmumur said...

Your creation is fantastic!!
Beautiful composition and colours.
Mumur

Craft_mom said...

You do such beautiful work! This is adorable!

Lorraine said...

theses are lovely. I'm sure who ever receives them will love them

Bubbles said...

Simply gorgeous what a fab idea and a wonderful gift idea. Thanks for joining in.
Joanne x

Jenny said...

this is so nice - will have to have a go at one of these!`

Tish said...

Oh, she is CUTE!!! Just darling! Love your coloring.

Cathy said...

This is a fab card holder. Love the image and your colouring.
Cathy xx

mar1ene said...

Oh My.. how fabulous is this?? totally love it and gorgeously decorated!!

Hugs, Marlene x

retiredheather said...

I love the card holder. It is a great idea. The coloring is great. I haven`t tried distress inks for the main image yet but guess its time for me to give it a try.

Jen said...

This is awesome!

~ j said...

this is just adorable!!

~Michelle~ said...

These images are adorable! Love your coloring....you definately do them justice!!

Jeanette said...

Wow, this is a great folder. I'll have to have a go as well. Thanks for the correction! Hugs Jeanette

Anonymous said...

the tutorial is no longer available at the link provided.Do you have a tutorial of your own on this project

Heather said...

Thank you for pointing that out! I've updated the blog to a link to a template and I'll to put up a tutorial this Wednesday!
Heather x